You woke up today and looked in the mirror.
And you said to yourself, “Gosh darnit (or #$^@ $#@[email protected]%), I’m going to get in shape this June!”
Just one problem – you don’t quite know HOW.
So you've done your planning for ditching the junk... now let's focus on the first steps that will help you towards becoming a healthier, happier and fitter you!
• SET GOALS: Set clear and achievable goals for each of the 4 weeks. Write them down and keep track. Start small and increase your fitness activity each week.
• SET APPOINTMENTS WITH YOURSELF: Treat your exercise as an appointment. If it's written down in your calendar, there's now way out of it.
• ENJOY WHAT YOU DO: Find activities you love...whether that's walking, running, yoga or high intensity exercises it's important you enjoy it. That way you are more likely to stick to it! If you have no idea what you'd like... try something different, sign up to a new class... just try it all out!
• INSPIRATION: Inspiration is key. Save 1-2 inspirational photos on your phone or wherever you will be reminded of what you are working towards. Please note... inspiration... not obsession!
• HAPPY HORMONES: After each exercise session, remember how good you feel and revisit this feeling when you are unmotivated. It's called endorphins, a group of peptide hormones released within the brain and nervous system and they affect the way you feel emotionally. We call them your happy hormones.
• STAY AWAY FROM COMPARISON: Don't compare - you are on your own fitness journey! Stay focused on your own goals, not Willy's next to you.
• ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY: Focus on the journey, not just the destination. It's a new lifestyle and needs to be realistic. Slow and steady progress is more sustainable than a quick fix.
We look forward to a month of getting fitter, healthier and happier with you!
Leandi & Gilly
Join our Facebook or Instagram for more giveaways!