Date of last revision 16th May 2016
Junk Free June is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of any personal information which you provide to us.
1. Collection of personal information:
You may provide personal information to Junk Free June for a variety of reasons, including to receive information, to make a donation to a participant or to receive information about or become involved in promotions or other initiatives undertaken by Junk Free June. This personal information may include (without limitation) details such as your name, image, address, mobile number, e-mail address or the amount you have donated. If you make a donation to a Junk Free June participant you may provide Junk Free June with credit card details and other information which will allow Junk Free June to process the transaction. Junk Free June may also request your preferences for receiving further information about the Junk Free June campaign or outcomes from the funds raised.
The choice of how much information you provide to Junk Free June is yours and of course if you want to make a donation, or otherwise participate in Junk Free June itself, Junk Free June will require certain information from you in order to process your donation or register your participation. Junk Free June may collect and store information you choose to provide.
2. How does Junk Free June use the Personal Information?
The personal information you provide to Junk Free June through our Websites or App may be used by Junk Free June for the following purposes:
- to provide you with prizes you have won and/or unlocked
- to provide you with information or other communications about Junk Free June
- to involve you in promotions, future campaigns and other initiatives undertaken by Junk Free June
- to include your image, name and details on our website or app if you register as participant
- to include your name, comments and amount of donation on our website or app if you make a donation to a participant (unless you choose an anonymous donation)
- to enter you into automatic prize draws or confirm your prize ‘unlocks’ if you are a registered participant and meet the relevant criteria
- to market Junk Free June and/or its campaigns and events via email if you have opted in to receive such communications from us
- to analyse statistics in relation to the Junk Free June community
- to otherwise further the purposes of Junk Free June
If you choose to provide your personal details to Junk Free June you agree that your personal information may be displayed or included as set out above. You also agree that your personal details may accordingly be identified, recovered and displayed by internet search engines.
- Your donations - you have the option to make:
- a public donation, in which case your name and amount of your donation will be disclosed to the recipient in their private and public view of their Junk Free June profile, (your donation amount will be included in the total calculation on their profile); and
- an anonymous donation, in which case the amount of your donation will be displayed on the recipient’s public view of their profile but your name will not be displayed in either the public or private view of the recipient’s profile.
3. Communication preferences:
Where you have agreed to receive Junk Free June emails, Junk Free June may use your personal information to send you emails (including marketing emails) about the Junk Free June campaign and the outcomes achieved with the funds raised. If you are a registered participant, Junk Free June will automatically send you an email whenever you have received a donation. You will be provided with an opportunity in each email communication to decline to receive any further communications from Junk Free June.
4. Security of your information:
Junk Free June takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of all information it collects, including that the information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, your personal information is maintained in a secure environment, which can be accessed only by authorised personnel. However, no data transmission over the internet or information stored on servers accessible through the internet can be guaranteed to be fully secure. Note that Junk Free June does not store credit card information.
5. Disclosure of Personal Information:
Personal information collected by Junk Free June may be shared with any company within the Junk Free June group of companies and the Cancer Society of New Zealand.
Some of the functions and services relating to the purposes for which your personal information may be processed by Junk Free June may be outsourced to third party external service providers. When we contract external services providers, we may provide them with your personal information, but only to the extent required for them to fulfil that contract, or where you would reasonably expect Junk Free June to disclose it to a third party for a particular purpose.
Regardless of where in the world you reside, Junk Free June may transfer your data outside of your own country, for processing, including analytics, and storage. This may result in your data being transferred to a country which has a lower standard of data protection than the country in which you reside. Wherever your data is transferred, it may be accessed by the courts, regulatory bodies, and law enforcement and national security authorities, according to the laws in the relevant jurisdiction.
6. Access, correction and complaints in relation to personal information:
Access to personal information
You may request access to your personal information collected by Junk Free June. Please send an email to email@example.com and we will endeavour to respond as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of receiving your request. There may be some legal or regulatory reason why access is denied or amendment refused. If this is so, we will tell you why.
Correction of personal information
If you believe any of your personal information held by Junk Free June is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, Junk Free June will take reasonable steps to correct the information. To request that your personal information be corrected or updated, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a complaint about the handling of your personal information, please send an email to email@example.com
7. Links to other websites:
Junk Free June is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of any other website or service that is linked to a Website, or for the privacy practices of any third party social media or other service providers that you can access through a Website or App. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those websites or service providers.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored in your computer’s memory and hard drive when you visit certain web pages. They are used to enable websites to function or to provide information to the owners of a website.
- Analytical purposes: We use analytical cookies that allow us to recognise, measure and track visitors to our Websites. This helps us to improve and develop the way our Websites work, for example, by determining whether site visitors can find information easily, or by identifying the aspects of our Websites that are of the most interest to them. For these purposes, we may store the following:
- the name of the domain from which you accessed the internet
- the date and time you accessed our Websites
- the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Websites
- the pages you accessed while visiting our Websites
- the device from which you accessed our Websites
- the location from which you accessed our Websites
Junk Free June does collect and use information for the purposes of online behavioural advertising.
- Usage preferences: Some of the cookies on our Websites are activated when visitors to our sites make a choice about their usage of the site. Our Websites then ‘remember’ the settings preferences of the user concerned. This allows us to tailor aspects of our sites to the individual user.
- Functional purposes: Functional purpose cookies store information that is needed by our applications to process and operate. For example, where requests within an application involve multiple stages, cookies are used to store the information from each stage temporarily, in order to facilitate completion of the overall request.
Your cookie preferences
To make full use of our Websites, your computer or mobile device will need to accept cookies, as our sites will not function properly without them. In addition, cookies are required in order to provide you with personalised features on our websites.
Third party cookies
Amending cookie preferences
Further information about cookies
If you would like to find out more about cookies in general and how to manage them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Junk Free June Limited
PO Box 7125, Wellington 6242
52 Riddiford Street, Newtown, Wellington 6021
Tel: 04 389 8421 Fax: 04 389 5994