How do I raise money?
Try these ideas:
- Ask your friends, family or colleagues to donate the equivalent of money that you have saved by giving up junk food for the month
- Ask your friends, family or colleagues to sponsor you – gold coin donation for each day or week that you go without chocolate, soft drink or fast food.
- Create a group with your colleagues and host a junk free morning tea or lunch - gold coin donation at your workplace for every healthy food item or plate.
- Create a group and host a lunchtime walk with your workmates or family - gold coin donation or donate to your page for every kilometer walked
- Host a morning exercise or fitness evening - gold coin donation or donate to your page for every burpee, push up or sit up
- Host a healthy cooking dinner or afternoon junk free BBQ with friends and family - gold coin donation for every healthy food item or plate.
- Ask your friends, family or colleagues to sponsor you – donate to your page when you complete a specific nature walk, mountain hike or bike trek
- Ask your friends, family or colleagues to sponsor you – donate to your page every time you check into the gym, pilates/yoga or zumba classes
- Host a workplace, school of market healthy bake sale - selling junk free snacks or even fruit and vegetables
- For those who already live Junk Free lives you could hold a garage sale during June and sell off all of the junk cluttering up your home
- Share your profile or group profile on social media… Get creative!
What should I eat?
Living junk free is all about enjoying nutritious foods and drinking plenty of water. As a general rule of thumb, eat plenty of vegetables, fruit, grain foods, lean meats and poultry, legumes and beans, milk, yoghurt and cheese or non-dairy alternatives.
If you are concerned about your diet or you want professional advice about what to eat we highly recommend you engage a dietitian to assist you. Our blog has a tonne of great healthy recipes that you can use at any time.
What if I already have a healthy diet?
That's great! You can still take part in Junk Free June. We all usually have something we know we shouldn't have and whatever your vice is, give that up for the month! We're supporting the Cancer Society of New Zealand with all of the money that we raise, so even if you live 'junk free' already, get behind us by participating and fundraising or donating!